<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13962483?origin\x3dhttp://arjb.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

On the outside looking in...

Just keeping it simple stupid! | arjb.blogspot.com

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

JLA is up, up and away!

T'was a pretty okay weekend after all even tho I didn't do much. JLA (Justice League of America) sneak peek event took place yesterday morning at Dueling Grounds. I got their late because of the RT service was shut down in the morning due to maintenance purposes, but still managed to get there in time to still register for the MAIN EVENT. Being the loner I am I went by myself with the curiousity of what it would be like playing in an official VS. system tournament. It took place in the playroom of the cardshop which is in the basement. 50 people joined and majorly crowded with UBERgeeks/nerds and I was one of the youngest which kinda scared me a little. The average age I think was 27-28 years old. So many guys with white hairs and baldspots hahahaha.

The experience was really good overall. Although in one aspect I wasn't happy with the cards I had to give away due to the nature of how a sealed pack draft is played. Buy-in was $25 for (5 packs of the new JLA set) and entry to the tournament for 5 "Swiss" rounds. So I got my cards and had to register them (meaning that I was doing inventory of what I had pulled from the packs). After I was finished you give your cards back to the judges and then you are given back a random pack of cards someone else did. I thought to myself when I got the other pack, "FUCK MAN! I pulled so many rares and now I'm stuck with shit." LOL. I knew it was gonna happen from being told by my cousin who already been the other two sneak peeks. BUT STILL pulling Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and ended up with some characters I never even heard of just made it worse. Felt better after the first match tho that the majority of everybody's else decks also sucked too.

My record was 1 win and 4 losses at the end. It was my first tourney and had fun :) But chilling in a sausagefest for 6 hours with some ignorant bastards acting like they made the game (VS. system) themselves....oh gosh! I was so glad to get out of there. hahahhaha.

So until the new Marvel TCG VS. system set (New X-Men) comes out in March it's happy JLA dueling for moi! Oh yeah....Here are 10 reasons why you should be playing VS. system!!!!

leave a response

simple hit counter