<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13962483?origin\x3dhttp://arjb.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

On the outside looking in...

Just keeping it simple stupid! | arjb.blogspot.com

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Sometimes in life, Jay has a "Carebear" moment

so I tell people I have stop playing the game of poker and the most common response was, "I guess it was a phase eh?" and explain to them it wasn't, I just lost the patience for it. In turn I did lose a passion for it after that. Poker wasn't just a "phase" for me. I put so much time and effort into it. To call it a "phase" just implies I was never serious about it in the first place.

I still love it to an extent, being that I still think about it time to time, calcuating the odds, knowing the obivious pre-flop odds for certain hands (ex. pocket fives vs. A K is a coin-flip situation being that both have a 50% chance of winning at the end of the hand) and my favourite, learning how to read people at the table.

The last one still fascinates me because it's still an everyday activity of mine. Trying to "read" people, reading their reactions, body language, and their tone of voice which of course is important because it's not what is said but HOW it is said that counts a lot. Just like what I'm learning in my SOC104 class, "The medium is the message." hahahaha I know I'm such a geek. But this "geek" is hoping to get nerd status to get 3.5 GPA minimum so look out...I'll try my best.

Anyways I'm gonna take a break from certain activities for awhile. Mainly MSN, blogging and reading comics LOL. All too addictive like cigarettes but without the yellow fingernails, bad breath and oh yes......risk of lung cancer. I am in a state of constant change.....It has been awhile since I had a drastic one (it seems like every year one happens) and I guess it's about time it's happening. Like I said before, "2006 BIG TINGS A GWAN!" and they occuring at a surprising rate. Whatever is going on I'm sure liking the journey along the way. Can't forget the obstacles of course because I do like living "dangerously" taking risks or what not. Like yesterday I was wondering if I should spend $2 on 591ml of bottle water or..........drink from the public water fountain? I know.....I'm Secret Agent 008 in this bizzznatch. It's like, "Yo Jay watch out... you don't know where that bottled water has been!!!!" Seemed like close calls for both right there.....so instead I did netiher A or B but.... choice C. And C was an old timmy's coffee cup filled with rainwater from the night before at the back of Building D. "NOW THAT'S A SPICY .....cup of wa-TER." (Hmmmm I think that's how the saying goes.....)

Anyways I'm out.....8am class tmrw YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!! I won't hold on because my panties are in a knot. They said on the package they were knotless free guaranteed...... :( Never again dollar bargain store! *shakes fist at them*

leave a response

simple hit counter