the adventures of "capo status"
Last friday night I went to Mark's surprise party in Picktown. I got pretty messed up due to the CON. hahahah holy fuck i've never been that high ever. it beat the first time even.... Trippin balls, laughing as usual but then exprienced paranoia and fear for the first time hahaha. Got home around 2:30am and I was still fucked. When I woke up today at 7am it felt I still was kinda trippin. AND You know that was good shit and Mark was hilarious. "Hey look I'm Chuck Norris!" (he said it in a filipino accent hahahhaa it's so funny to see in person.)
So had my 3-4 hours of sleep and then got ready for the mission to RAMA. The group I went with took up the whole bus pretty safe still altho just being the only one who couldn't speak or understand tagalog. Even the pretty girls were speaking......DAMN! I can't get a break. Anyways I went the loner route once I got to the casino. Got my players club card and straight for the poker room.
Rama's poker room offered only limit poker. Games starting low as $2-$5 to $5-$10. Minimum buy-in for $2-$5 was $40. Hahahahha big mistake I made. I came in with the minimum and yoooooo the other 6 ppl at the table had stacks ranging $80-$200. LOL how was I suppose to do anything with little to no ammo now. Anyways folded trips and a straight in the first two hands.....ERRRR. I wasn't playing my game and got affected by the MONEY being bet each time. "Raises $6 more dollars" like whoa. That's a buy-in in my tournament right there hahaha. So 40 mins came and I lost it all. Left the poker room, left the hand, left the attachment of a loss at the table. Sure I was still depressed but that was because I didn't play to my potential. Walked around Rama like 5 times bored as fuck. It's pretty small though. I pictured it to be much bigger oh well. The only downer was the casino wasn't smoke free. "WOW not only can you double your money but also double your risk of lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke!" Went to the chinese buffet with the free lunch voucher I got for taking the coach bus to RAMA. It was good food but still felt like the worst part of the day.
So I ate alone in the corner hahaha. Everybody else went to the Canadian Buffet restaurant which they said sucked after they finished eating. LOL I told them about the Chinese Buffet and most of them didn't know there was one. OMG they were right beside each other!!!! Talked myself into going back to the poker room and at least make my money back. Went to the ATM took out $60 and with the $20 in my wallet still, that made it $80. "It's now or never." Entered the $2-$5 table with 80 chips ($1 each). The first hand was a bad beat and went down to 46-48 chips left. After that I just went GUNG HO. and 8 hands later I won 4 out of 8. One I bluffed and the 3 others were wicked hands. I ended up making my money back that I lost in the prior session in 25 mins with $2 profit. The player to the left of me (the player who gave me the bad beat) was very impressed with my style and commended me for taking a bad beat so well and to continue on winning pots, using position and having good instincts. I thanked him and really appreciated what he said even tho he didn't have to. I did what I wanted and I got what I wanted. To play poker with total strangers in a casino setting and to be shown respect among the other players. There was no bullshit and I played the best poker I could. I made my money back, that was my goal and cashed out with $122. Big ass smile on my face.... Now I can say I did that. I went to RAMA and won some nice pots. But the money wasn't important to me after everything. It was those moments where I had the game controlled and everyone did what I wanted them to do. It was such a rush. Looking forward to the next casino trip which will be @ niagara hahaha.
So had my 3-4 hours of sleep and then got ready for the mission to RAMA. The group I went with took up the whole bus pretty safe still altho just being the only one who couldn't speak or understand tagalog. Even the pretty girls were speaking......DAMN! I can't get a break. Anyways I went the loner route once I got to the casino. Got my players club card and straight for the poker room.
Rama's poker room offered only limit poker. Games starting low as $2-$5 to $5-$10. Minimum buy-in for $2-$5 was $40. Hahahahha big mistake I made. I came in with the minimum and yoooooo the other 6 ppl at the table had stacks ranging $80-$200. LOL how was I suppose to do anything with little to no ammo now. Anyways folded trips and a straight in the first two hands.....ERRRR. I wasn't playing my game and got affected by the MONEY being bet each time. "Raises $6 more dollars" like whoa. That's a buy-in in my tournament right there hahaha. So 40 mins came and I lost it all. Left the poker room, left the hand, left the attachment of a loss at the table. Sure I was still depressed but that was because I didn't play to my potential. Walked around Rama like 5 times bored as fuck. It's pretty small though. I pictured it to be much bigger oh well. The only downer was the casino wasn't smoke free. "WOW not only can you double your money but also double your risk of lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke!" Went to the chinese buffet with the free lunch voucher I got for taking the coach bus to RAMA. It was good food but still felt like the worst part of the day.
So I ate alone in the corner hahaha. Everybody else went to the Canadian Buffet restaurant which they said sucked after they finished eating. LOL I told them about the Chinese Buffet and most of them didn't know there was one. OMG they were right beside each other!!!! Talked myself into going back to the poker room and at least make my money back. Went to the ATM took out $60 and with the $20 in my wallet still, that made it $80. "It's now or never." Entered the $2-$5 table with 80 chips ($1 each). The first hand was a bad beat and went down to 46-48 chips left. After that I just went GUNG HO. and 8 hands later I won 4 out of 8. One I bluffed and the 3 others were wicked hands. I ended up making my money back that I lost in the prior session in 25 mins with $2 profit. The player to the left of me (the player who gave me the bad beat) was very impressed with my style and commended me for taking a bad beat so well and to continue on winning pots, using position and having good instincts. I thanked him and really appreciated what he said even tho he didn't have to. I did what I wanted and I got what I wanted. To play poker with total strangers in a casino setting and to be shown respect among the other players. There was no bullshit and I played the best poker I could. I made my money back, that was my goal and cashed out with $122. Big ass smile on my face.... Now I can say I did that. I went to RAMA and won some nice pots. But the money wasn't important to me after everything. It was those moments where I had the game controlled and everyone did what I wanted them to do. It was such a rush. Looking forward to the next casino trip which will be @ niagara hahaha.
thats what i'm saying...it should be about the play, not about the money...
good shit arjay :)
leave a response