<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13962483?origin\x3dhttp://arjb.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

On the outside looking in...

Just keeping it simple stupid! | arjb.blogspot.com

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

$5 is great because the memories are priceless.

Feeling upbeat about my split pot victory @ the baby shower poker game last Sunday night against Mike and Theresa friends. Lost the first $5 buy-in to Mike's friend Peter who had 4 Q os and I have K 5 os. I re-raised his all-in because I was supsecting he was just trying to get the pot. In which he was but still called. He got lucky on the flop with A 4 4 and I only caught one 5 which was at the river.

Second game/last game had 2 more ppl who entered. $30 pot. 20 min already Peter has about 14000-17000 in chips. Taking out one guy and leaving me short-stacked with 1800 after a bad beat from Peter. From then on I just folded to analyze his game. Man betted bottom pairs like they were pocket aces. DANGEROUS MOVE but one I still had respect for. Making people fold the better hands. He did his job by taking control early and using his aggressive style of play to put fear amongst us. Folded 6 hands till I catch his pattern. I'm seeing ppl just giving away their money (calling or raising his big bet by not even 50%). 2000 was Peter's bet and the girl's raise was only 150 more.

"OKAYYYYYY........THEN! why don't you also tell him you want FRIES with that order of SHIT YOU GOT."

Of course Peter is chip leader like 3 to 1 against her so his move was raised 3000 more. And this girl who took 30 secs to think it over folded to his bluff. Peter was happy and even showed his bluff 4 7 os with a flop of K J 9. I was right. And now I wasn't going to be putting up with this shit. HIS SHIT any longer.

****You see whatever these n00bs say and ppl who think they know how to play hold 'em. The cards don't matter most of the time. In this game you are playing the person and the girl just got outplayed. Just wanna say that to these ppl who think pocket aces are invincible. Having AA once and taking two people out with them doesn't mean your wicked now.****

Had 7 10 os on the button. Blinds 100-200 with 3 ppl and me still in. I just called and Peter who was to the left of me just called too. Mike checked. Flop with 6 9 J. Peter in first position bets out 500. Mike folds. Theresa friend (Girl) calls. I went all in with about 1700 after 500 call. Peter called. The girl folded. Peter had A 9 vs. my 7 10. Turn is 2. River is 8.

I caught it. They said I was lucky. And yeah I know that was luck but a part of it. I knew what I was doing it was educated, I knew my outs and how many I had, plus the pot was more than my short stack with 2800 already. It was worth it.

After a couple hands I became chip leader and then I took out Peter who lost 3 more times to Mike who he folded twice too at the river. and to the girl who went all-in with 3150 and she doubled up. Took him out when I caught AhKh and call his all-in of 4100. At the end I had two pair of Ks and 2s vs. his pair of 2s and Ace high.

Mike took out the girl with 3c Kc vs. her AQ os. Mike flopped a flush. Hehehe Mike and I head's up. It's been a long time since I faced him in such a serious vibe. I asked for a split pot. He said nah let's see. We played two hands and everyone was leaving soon anyways. We counted our blue chips (500 each). We both matched with 24 each but I had more 100s and 25s. He decided to take my offer and we both got $15 for an hour's work. Which was only a $5 profit. I had nothing to prove after we took out everyone else. We both knew we were good. Remember piranhas don't eat each other! They just eat the other fish. LOL.

****ONE MORE THING I have to say. People who say they know who to play poker but don't know how to deal properly (ex. burning 2 cards then putting the flop) just don't talk to me. I swear it would be the same if someone said they knew how to play BASKETBALL and didn't know how to DRIBBLE for goodness sakes. It just seems that now ppl are treating this game as casual as BIG 2 or ASSHOLE like it's a fad. I have to avoid these fuckers seriously.

Sorry just one more time..........BURNIN' 2 cards then putting the FLOP?!?!?!? and you say you've been playing for awhile? and watch it all the time on TV? That's just so fucking shitastic.

leave a response

simple hit counter