Born a Westerner, always will be a Westerner...
I got a call from my Aunt in Calgary and she telling me about the economy situation over there. The province of Alberta is booming with jobs to the point where Tim Horton's employees are making $15/hour there. You can literally quit your job if you hate it and find a new one within the same day. So think about it if Timmy's is $15 starting then think about the other jobs are out there that double or triple the pay you get here in this crappy Toronto economy we got.
Honestly I have been considering returning to Calgary (where I was born) someday but now hearing this I'm really thinking about moving there sooner rather than later. Plan is to finish school here first then stay with relatives there and make decent money.
I'm finally thinking about the future for once in my life and not just saying it. I want to go back and see what opportunities I can get there. I mean I know I'll be leaving my loved ones and great friends but I have to find out on my own. I'm not getting any younger and I feel I could get better in a new environment.
Today I have made a new dream, Now I look forward to the day when I actually come face to face with it.
Honestly I have been considering returning to Calgary (where I was born) someday but now hearing this I'm really thinking about moving there sooner rather than later. Plan is to finish school here first then stay with relatives there and make decent money.
I'm finally thinking about the future for once in my life and not just saying it. I want to go back and see what opportunities I can get there. I mean I know I'll be leaving my loved ones and great friends but I have to find out on my own. I'm not getting any younger and I feel I could get better in a new environment.
Today I have made a new dream, Now I look forward to the day when I actually come face to face with it.
toronto has a great economy, but because everyone comes here from other provinces/countries, there arent enough jobs to go around for everyone. Also, toronto gets away with low paying positions, cuz they are easy to fill (as a result of having so many people live here).
my point is that, alberta's population is lower than toronto's, thus they have more jobs to go around. additionally, to keep their people from moving here, they pay better. the end.
but yes, a move to alberta for a job would be a great idea, and experience for you. keep in mind, u will need a car when u go there :P
hahahahhahaah GOOD POINT! very good point!
very low blow still...... GOOD BURN!
Goooooooo! Make the dough when you can : ) Don't forget to look back after a few years, I'll be there too. hahaha, now you have real incentive :P
What?!? Stop following me Vim! The other reason why I moving there is to get away from you here in Toronto. Hhahahahaah I'm kidding or am I?!?!?
Remember I'll have a nice fountain with a statue of an angel that will pee on intruders at my front door. BEWARE!
Fountain eh? Now I'll surely come! Thanks for the heads up dude.
leave a response