<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13962483?origin\x3dhttp://arjb.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

On the outside looking in...

Just keeping it simple stupid! | arjb.blogspot.com

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Beyond the point of no return...

I know what I finally want, I got to this point and still amazed I'm here. Timing tells me it is now and it's too bad that it didn't happen sooner but ended up later. But I'm here, this wonderful situation that gets my blood boiling! How wonderful you ask? Wonderful with my crazy poker standards that's what!

[Excuse me while I go into poker mode with this shit......]

I have gotten myself deep into the Turn without a read with this hand against my opponent. Logically I'm pot committed and getting 3 to 1 pot odds with this hand if I go all-in. But in this case I betted 40% of my stack only to get reraised a bet all-in that was over the top of mine. My gut tells me to call and my mind tells me to rethink it over. My opponent has put forth a challenge to me, putting me to make a decision. I totally love it and now I'm just living the moment as much as I can. I'm going for it!!! I'm gonna call that bet win or lose. I can't pass up the opportunity to not try for it because that would be the real loss. Cards are flipped up and I hold Pocket 10s and my opponent has K Q suited with spades.

Flop is 10s As Kh. Turn is Ad. I'm winning the hand still but count how many outs my opponent has and now I'm about to call the bet of all-in.

Hopefully I'll know the result of this hand sooner rather than later. I hope you readers know that this is a HUGE METAPHOR for something else hahahah. Oh don't I love the feeling of not knowing LOL.

"Life is short. Live it up!"

leave a response

simple hit counter