<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13962483?origin\x3dhttp://arjb.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

On the outside looking in...

Just keeping it simple stupid! | arjb.blogspot.com

« Home | Next » | Next »

it's hard to say goodbye to yesterday...

Yesterday I woke up in a depressed state. it was 6:28am and my eyes were fully open and thought to myself that today was day of the funeral of my old friend, Mark Escourse. Got up to get a drink of water and checked the map I made the night before for directions to get to the church in richmond hill. I still couldn't believe that he was gone and was not sure about the exact details of the cause of death. Only know that he died of electrocution. I felt empty and lost and soon I was about to face the truth. Soon enough it's 7:30am and my clock alarm goes off upstairs. I just couldn't go back to sleep and caught myself reminiscing for a whole hour. Then that's the phone rang and it was Ian. He asked to meet up for breakfast and talk before we left for the funeral. Half an hour later we went to McDonalds and just talked about whatever shit we needed to get outta of chests. Bullshitting more than usual and it helped. Either one of us wanted to see our other friends from elementary under this scenario you know. After breakfast we met up with Phi and Mike and left for the mass. So many people were there already and felt a little weird because probably no one would recognize us since Ian, Mike and Phi haven't seen Mark since elementary and I haven't seen him since grade 11.

The whole funeral was very hard on all of us. Hard to see his whole family and relatives and his friends crying out silently. At that point I wished I had got to see him one more time because looking in the church you can see how many lives he's touched and affected with his passing.

At the burial grounds I was having a conversation with Mark telling him all the stuff I remembered we used to do when we were kids. Told him how I appreciated him for being there at certain times I remembered when he showed his sensitive/caring side that wasn't seen to most people in elementary. The Mark I knew mostly was the strong/outspoken individual who was very bright and creative and loved to joke around whenever he could. I always felt that him and I were close friends and what I could tell seeing all the people is that he was an amazing and good person.

I brought my digital camera to the funeral for a picture of the classmates from st.florence who showed up to the funeral. Only Stacey and Chris showed up but when we were about to leave it didn't feel right. We said our goodbyes to Stacey and Chris and told them hopefully we can all chill soon enough to have a reunion. Upon on departure we decided to go to Mike's work and visit because he was gonna have a meeting with one of our old elementary classmates, Nicole. We went and she didn't end up showing so we all talked and joked around for an hour or so. We all found relief, realizing life is short, can't be taken for granted. For us four, (Ian, Phi, Mike and I) happen to friends still since gr.2 - gr.4 which I think is pretty amazing. With that enthusiasm I felt that it was a good time to capture this moment.

Big Thank You to Mike's co-worker who took the pix. I'm loving it.


(Mike, Ian, Phi Anh, and I) - July 4th, 2005.



LOL. Look at Phi, he thinks he's "Young and Dangerous". what a pimp! (Ian doesn't like this pic cause you can see his boxers hahaha.) He's lying they are probably briefs.....FAG! Just admit you love wearing speedos why don't you!


Right now, at this very moment I find closure and I know that my old friend is in a better place.

R.I.P. Mark Escourse [1983-2005]

leave a response

simple hit counter